Thursday, July 18, 2013

In the Swing of Things - July 12th


Hello!!!!! Pday is finally here!!
 
First of all, thank you SO MUCH for your emails, letters, thoughts, and prayers. My district laughs about how much mail I get... I seriously have THE BEST support system in the whole world. Thank you, thank you!
 
I can't believe how much happnes at the MTC in one week. I feel like I've been here forever, but at the same time it's flown by. I love it here. I learn more than I thought I possibly could every day, and I'm amazed at how much I can retain with the help of the Spirit. Polish is dang hard, but I'm LOVING it. We've already taught four lessons in Polish; we can introduce ourselves, pray, testify, and make simple conversation. I'm making a million flashcards and reviewing them every chance I get. My companion, Siostra Montesinos, already understands Polish (I may have mentioned that before) because her mom only spoke Polish to her growing up, which pushes me to learn it faster so that I can keep up with her. It's a good challenge.
 
This was quite an eventful week for our little Polish district. We have two Elders, and one of them "ran away" from the MTC early in the week because he had been struggling with anxiety issues. He's fresh out of high school and has never been away from home before. We are already a really close-knit group, so it was really scary and sad when he was gone. It really did feel like a member of the family was missing, and we didn't know if he'd be coming back. About twenty-four hours later, he returned. I don't know where he went or what he did, but we were all SO HAPPY to see him again and have been trying to help him as much as possible. He's the funniest kid. I don't know that he realizes why he's out here quite yet, but us four sisters held a fast for him yesterday in hopes that he'll realize it soon.
 
I love gym time. Surprise? I think I gained a tiny bit of respect from the zone (and acceptance from the Elders) when we played kickball and volleyball this week. :) I also found some good running buddies and have enjoyed a good run around the MTC (I wonder how many laps I will have done by the time I leave here) every morning at 5:55. It really helps me to wake up, clear my head, and gives me the energy I need for the day.
 
I've seen several people I know here! I saw Corinne Coleman the other day on the way back from a run near the temple field, and it made me so so happy. I've also seen Sarie Cook, Lexi Zendejas, Kaitlin Schramm, and Eric (Frenchie), Wilf, Tyler, Laura, and Carson from my Provo ward. I love seeing peole I know! Korinne Baxter just got here on Wednesday, but I have yet to see her. I think she may be at the west campus, but hopefully I'll find her at the devotional and give her a bit fat hug. It's crazy that out of Corinne, Kristalyn, Korinne, Liz, and me, four of us will be serving missions within the next couple months!
 
I found the gluten-free section early in the week, and I've hardly eaten gluten since. Back on the wagon (although I definintely made an exception for McCaye's giant oatmeal chocolate cookies... THANK YOU, MAC!). I love the gluten-free food because it's much more fresh and definitely healthier.
 
It's strange to be so close to home, yet in a completely different world. I hear the "Come, Come Ye Saints" chimes from BYU every once in a while, and it's hard to think that I won't be there for a while because I love school! BUT, I never imagined how much I would appreciate and enjoy taking part in such a wonderful work. We had an incredible lesson yesterday from Brat Tribe, and I felt very very grateful for the chance that I have to teach others about what's most important. I'm so excited to help them feel close to their Savior and experience that clean feeling that comes when we utilize the Atonement. I really love being a missionary.
 
I could tell a hundred stories from the week, but I'm out of time. Know that I'm so grateful for you all and am always praying for you. Thank you so much for your support! It means the world!
 
Have the greatest week.
 
XOXO,
 
Siostra Tobler

1 comment:

  1. Ah she sounds like she's so happy! Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete