Friday, July 26, 2013

A Polish Rap and an Investigator Mishap



 Heyoooo! How are you all doing??! I've missed you greatly this week.

Mom and Kel, thanks for the package! The shorts fit perfectly and we all enjoyed the rice crispies. They were delicious!

A few days ago, Brat Tribe heard Starszy Jaeger and me beatboxing a little bit, and he challenged me to come up with a rap to help our district remember the "cases" of Polish (what you use to change the endings of words to mean different things). So, knowing that it would probably satisfy my craving for songwriting, I accepted! I wrote a rap within the next couple of days and performed it for our zone. (Mom, I'm going to try to send the video to you.. if it works, will you attach it to the blog? Thanks!) It was really fun, and now I know how to use the cases. Win-win.

We had a pretty funny experience with our "investigator" (Arek) this week. Two lessons ago, he told us that his dad had died so he and his brothers had to work hard and provide for/raise his family.Naturally, we decided to teach him about eternal families the next lesson. I started out by saying, "We know your father passed away..." to which he tilted his head and gave us a funny look. He then explained that his father is in JAIL, not dead. We were trying SO HARD not to laugh, and I think he was, too (Arek is being played by our teacher, Brat Leimer). What do you say to that?? We carried on and said, "Well.... we believe that families can be together forever...." Oh my word. It was a mess, but so funny. Hopefully he follows through with coming to church like he promised after that one.

Siostra King's birthday was this week, so we had fun celebrating. Lots of signs, balloons, and junk food. We also celebrated Sister Frost's (another sister in our zone) birthday as well. It was a celebratory week!

I saw Elder Mitch Budge yesterday! He seems like he is doing really well. I told him to tell his family hi... I love the Budges. I also saw Cory Mendenhall at choir on Sunday, which was great!

My challenge of the week has been having patience with myself... a continual battle when you're learning as much as we learn here. My vocabulary is expanding, but I still struggle to understand people. However, Brat Tribe gave me a lot of confidence this week when he said that I sound Polish rather than American when I speak. That felt good.  Another challenge has been being sick all week... I didn't get too much sleep due to a darn cough, and ended up getting pink eye. But I think that I'm starting to get over it and hopefully more sleep and more energy will accompany this coming week. :)

One of my very favorite parts of the MTC (I may have mentioned this already.. can't remember) is Music and the Spoken Word. I always receive SO MUCH strength from it. It makes me so excited for when I can listen to my church music in the mission field!

Some of my very favorite people are leaving me in three short days. Sestra Marks and I have become very close friends; we run together every morning and have some of the greatest conversations I've ever had. She's hilarious and is one of the more Christ-like people I know! It'll be sad to see her, as well as two of my roommates, as well as so many other close friends, leave on Monday. We'll get 30+ people in on Tuesday or Wednesday, so we'll need to show them the ropes and make them feel welcome.

I'm short on time, so I've gotta run. Thank you to those of you who've written me!! I appreciate it so much and love hearing from you.

Until next week! Much love!

XOXO,

Siostra Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment