It's been a beautiful week!
Last Monday, I began physical therapy in the mornings for my neck. It's actually a really relaxing half hour, and seems to be helping a little! I've got another week or two of that, then I'll just have to be careful for a while. I'm happy to say that I've been feeling much, much better lately!Monday, April 28, 2014
Tak wdzięczna!
April 28th, 2014
Speaking of being careful... we had a super fun "Sports Saturday" this past week! A couple of investigators and ward members joined us on Saturday afternoon for some good ol' soccer. Dad and brothers, you would have been proud... I held up my last name. It's been a long time since I was able to run around and play like that and it felt SO GOOD. I'm sure there are many of those to come as the weather continues to improve. It's been a gorgeous Spring here.
Ines...... INES. Ines is doing GREAT! We had a beautiful lesson with her about baptism just last night at the Tufts' place. During dinner, she said (in her adorable broken English so that the Tufts could understand), "I have made my decision. I don't need to finish reading the Doctrine and Covenants before I get baptized, because I already know it's true. All of it." ..... That is how good she's doing right now. She's my favorite person. I'm so proud of her and I know, and she knows, that Heavenly Father is so pleased with her as well. I know that Satan is going to work all too hard on her this next little while as she's preparing for baptism, but I also know how strong she is and how hard she has worked to get to this point. She's gonna make it! We would very much appreciate it if you could keep her in your prayers!
I had several memorable moments this past week as I focused on President Uchtdorf's counsel to "be grateful in our circumstances." During church, I was overwhelmed by the love that I have for the Gdańsk members; I've come to know them well and would literally do anything for each of those people. I was also overwhelmed with love for my calling, and with Heavenly Father's powerful love for and confidence in me. In addition, there were many moments when I felt Heavenly Father's love for my companion, Sister Young, and felt extremely appreciative of the missionary and friend that she is. I realized, once again, that attitude is the determining factor of our happiness. I also relearned the valuable lesson that if we strive to "accentuate the positive," we'll recognize all sorts of blessings that Heavenly Father's given us to help us find genuine happiness in this life.
I'm praying that the sun is shining where you are and that it's making you as happy as it's making me! Family, I love you and can't wait to SKYPE you very soon! This mission's finally getting with the times. Thanks for the letters and emails this week! Much love! Talk to you soon.
xoxo,
Siostra Tobler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment