Monday, April 14, 2014

Transfers, Bydgoszcz, Sister P, ISAACS, Ines!


What a good week! Transfer news: I'll be staying in Gdańsk again, and Sister Young will be coming to join me!

I spent Monday-Wednesday on an exchange with my dear Sister Pearson in Bydgoszcz. We laughed A LOT. And we got to visit Michael, Renata, and Szymon Isaac, Grandpa's close friends! It was a neat experience to finally meet them after talking to Pres. Isaac on the phone several times. We ate some of the best food I've had in Poland, I sang "Abide With Me, Tis Eventide" to them, we talked about faith in Jesus Christ, and Michael told me lots of stories that I never even knew about Grandpa T. SO good! Now I'm hoping I'll serve in Bydgoszcz so I can see them more often. Sister Pearson and I also had some really funny experiences... one of which consisted of having no other choice than to tract houses for a restroom... that was a fun one. Family, I've recorded a few experiences of the week and am sending them your way! 


                         (Back with Sista P! This is in the middle of the experience described above.)


                                                           (Michael and Renata Isaac)



                                                      (Szymon Isaac, Michael's grandson)
Ines is doing SO GOOD! We had some amazing lessons with her this week. She's getting her concerns resolved, one by one. This past Thursday, we invited her to fast for an answer, and we fasted along with her. On Friday when she came to the Tufts for dinner, she told us that the whole time she was fasting, she felt a very calm, peaceful feeling, and now knows of a surety that she needs to be baptized. Because she is very thorough in her investigating (she used to be a devout Catholic and studied theology for five years!), she is now reading the Doctrine and Covenants and has decided to get baptized at the conclusion of her reading. I'm SO excited to be staying here in Gdańsk with her this next transfer!

We finally got to watch General Conference yesterday and on Saturday. GLOROUS!!! Pres. Uchtdorf's talk on gratitude and our dear Prophet's talk on love resonated with me particularly well. I am so thankful for the inspired Leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful to know that the Lord communicates to us through their words... we know exactly what He would be teaching if He were on the earth! That's powerful. I can hardly wait to get my hands on those Liahonas, in both Polish and English! 


                                                           (INES!)



(Jadwiga! We spent some good time with her this week, as she's been sick and struggling a little. I would do ANYTHING for this woman.)

That's about it for the week. Ry and Mar, glad you found a nice home over there in Boston! It's beautiful! Kel and Mac, thanks for your emails and pics of your cute kids. I LOVE seeing those little faces. Sometimes people look at me weird here in the internet cafe because I giggle a lot when I look at them. Chris.... BYU poster? WOW. Following in the footsteps, I see. ;) Seriously, though, that pic is sick. Mom and Dad, thanks for your faithful emails and letters. I sure love you all and can't wait to chat with you in just about a month. Miss you all!! Have a fun week!

xoxo,

Siostra Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment