Monday, June 2, 2014

"Give us this day our daily bread"


Dad, you've got a birthday this week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Keep your eyes peeled for something comin' your way. I love you!

Let me introduce you to our miracle of the week: Mateusz. On Monday, Sister Young and I met Mateusz while contacting on the street. The roles were rather reversed as he approached us, asked if we could meet, offered to give us his number, and set up a meeting time with us. That is a rare occasion in this country. On Wednesday, we taught Mateusz all about the Restoration. It was one of the most beautiful lessons I've ever been a part of! When we talked about baptism at the end, he agreed to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized once he has discovered for himself that this is the One True Church. After the lesson, he asked if we had time to read together from the Book of Mormon, and he enjoyed everything we read. On Friday, Mateusz accepted the Plan of Salvation as God's plan for each of us. On Saturday, he attended our branch grill, greeting and starting conversation with each attendee as if he'd known them for years. He's now the Elders' investigator, but Mateusz was an answer to my prayers. It's  been a miracle for me to witness this week that there are prepared people here in Gdańsk and that the work will progress!

                                              ​(The Gdańsk branch at Józef and Irenas' house.)


                                                                 (Friends and family)


                                                                      ​(Mateusz, Basia, Józef)

This coming Saturday, we will receive our transfer calls and find out where and with whom we'll be serving next. In the event that I'm transferred, you may want to mail any letters to the mission office address (on the blog... I think...).


On Thursday, we traveled to Bydgoszcz again for zone training. At the meeting, we were each given a copy of a talk called "Recognizing God's Hand In Our Daily Blessings," which, after studying it, has really had a strong impact on me throughout this week. It focuses on the scripture in Matthew 6, the Lord's Prayer, where Jesus Christ petitions, "Give us this day our daily bread." Elder Christofferson says, "The Lord's invitation to seek our daily bread at our Heavenly Father's hand speaks of a loving God, aware of even the small, daily needs of His children and eager to assist them, one by one." This reminded me of the necessity I have to plead with my Heavenly Father each day for the "food" needed to sustain my spiritual and physical strength throughout that day. God wants to be remembered, and He certainly wants to help His children. Elder Christofferson also emphasizes the importance of being patient and consistent, focusing on "one day at a time." He quotes Elder Bednar when he said, "Our consistency in doing seemingly small things can lead to significant spiritual results." I've noticed this throughout my life, and especially on my mission. Consistency is power. I was grateful for that reminder this week. 


That's about it for now. Have a wonderful summer week! I love you and am always thankful for you. Keep the faith.

xoxo

Siostra Tobler

                                    ​(Sister Young and myself at Westerplatte)

No comments:

Post a Comment