Monday, March 31, 2014

Party Planner


Good morning!!

I feel like every week is a crazy week, but we had even more excitement in the Gdańsk branch than usual. We were planning a party for the Relief Society birthday, but a few of our branch leaders got in a little tiff over the party details (among other things), leaving us missionaries to plan a birthday bash for thirty people within twenty-four hours! You know me... I was in heaven. I love party-planning! We got right to work... made some streamers and hung balloons, made a poster, planned the games, bought the party candy and supplies, planned a spiritual program and prepared a musical number, made sure the food assignments were given, called a league of people to confirm that they were coming, then had ourselves a grand ol' time! Seriously, it was one of the funnest evenings I've had on my mission. Ines came, as well as Lidia, the cutest less active alive, as well as many others. We had at least eleven non-members there, which was a big deal for Gdańsk. I'm already thinking of ideas for the next party/FHE/whatever excuse I can come up with to throw a party. 



                                                   (Elder Hardy, taking orders...)


                                         (Sister Lenhart, manning the games)

                                           (Janina and Józef)



                                         (Bogdan the Sailor and his sweet wife!)

This Tuesday, we're going to Bydgoszcz again for zone training. Then this coming weekend, Sister Lenhart and I got invited to be a part of a unique opportunity: a Catholic Priest in Łódż invited a small choir of missionaries to sing in their mass on Sunday, so we'll be heading that way on Saturday with a few other musical people. Road trip! I'm excited to go back to southern Poland... haven't been there since I was eight when we visited Kraków! I'll surely report back on the adventure next pday. I think it will be a neat proselyting experience. 


My health has been better this week! The migraines have died down and I don't feel as dizzy/shaky. I know that Heavenly Father really is blessing me to be able to work hard again. I've got a strong drive to find new investigators, which has been a bit of a struggle in Gdańsk the last few months, not just for us but for everyone. With the nice weather greeting us, I think the work is about to take off here!

Speaking of Gdańsk, transfer calls are in less than two weeks, so you may want to hold off on any letters being sent here until I know whether I'm leaving or staying! I'll be able to tell you not next Monday, but the one after. This transfers has been so crazy... the longest and the shortest one of my life, all at the same time!

In my studies, I've been continuing to learn about the importance of focusing on the BASICS. I may have said this last week, but I've really come to love Preach My Gospel more than ever before. I've been using it every day to guide my studies and have felt that it is most definitely inspired. Something I read in it always answers my prayers! I'm grateful for the guidance I receive from using it prayerfully.

I hope you can all feel the love that's coming to you from Poland! I love you very, very much and appreciate you!! Happy Conference weekend... I would love to hear about  your favorite parts next week! I may have to wait for a week or so to hear any of it, but am so anxious to listen to the words of our Prophet and his Apostles. Best time of the year! Have a great one and I'll write soon.

MUCH LOVE!!!!


xoxo,

Siostra Tobler


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic weblog ! This blog have very useful information about party planing and planners. Thanks for this post and i will share this with my friends.



    Birthday Planner in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete