Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Kontaktowanie, Konferencja Dystryktu, Culture Night, and my best friend's BIRTHDAY!!


It's Monday already! Happy day!

I had some great experiences this week. First, last pday I was able to play some FOOTBALL and it felt SO GOOD! Oh, I loved it. And we played in a field full of rows of beautiful big golden trees, which made it that much better. Later that evening, I began my exchange with... Sister Montesinos! It was so fun to work with her again and see one another's progress since the MTC. Man, that feels like forever ago! We did a fun "whiteboard" with Elders Anderson and Rittmanic and had some good success finding a few potentials. Let's pray they turn into investigators! Throughout this week, we actually did several "whiteboard/free table" activities (our favorite contacting/finding methods). We talked with some really neat people, and I loved observing the other missionaries and learning from them. It's always fun to see how they contact and teach, and to realize that we're all so different and we're all needed in Poland right now.

You're probably wondering how our baptism went on Saturday.... well, it didn't. Unfortunately Agnieszka was called into work all weekend and we haven't been able to work with her much as of late, but I'm still hoping and praying that it will work out. It's hard to watch people choose other things over the Gospel when you know how much they need it and how much we need them! On the contrary, Roza and Maria, our other investigators, are doing very well. Roza is sixteen and wants so badly to be baptized, but her mother won't allow it. Some prayers on her behalf would be awesome because she is so ready to officially be a member of the Church. She's even been bringing her little sister to seminary! She is so, so great. And so patient with my Polish. :)

Thursday night, we did something fun... a little something called CULTURE NIGHT! Each companionship gets one evening per tranfer dedicated to attending a fun event or activity in Poland. Elders Anderson and Kotter, as well as Sister Howells and myself ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant on Nowy Swiat (the only good one in Warsaw, so I hear!), walked around the Rynek/Old Town, and then attended an incredible production of Singing in the Rain! Right up my alley. I loved it. It was really fun to relax for a couple of hours and enjoy one another's company.



                                               (Does this location look familiar, family??)


(Elders Anderson, Kotter)

On Saturday and Sunday we had District Conference (the equivalent of Stake Conference in your neck of the woods). I was asked last minute to direct the choir, which actually turned out to be really fun. All of the missionaries as well as a few Polish souls sang Because I Have Been Given Much (in Polish) while a blind man from Lodz (another city) played the flute. It was neat. I enjoyed visiting with members, making new friends, and listening to some uplifting messages from members and President and Sister Edgren. It was especially cool to listen to President deliver his message in Polish. 

Last but not least, one of my very favorite people in the world is turning eighteen this week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!! I am so proud of you and love you to pieces. Keep your eye out for a package heading that way. Party hard. ;)


Thanks for all your love in letter/email form. This week I got some really great letters and emails from friends and family... thank you, thank you!! I'm so grateful for you all. Family, have I told you lately that I love you? Thinking of you always. Have the greatest week! Until next Monday!

xoxo,

Siostra Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment