Ya know, I've been out here a while. And I still get just as excited to catch up with each of you as I did my first week in the country. Thank you for your continued support and love!
I want to introduce you to a beautiful woman named Anna. Our first lesson with her was last week. By now, we've had three, she's been to church, and she's planning on baptism! It's interesting because people always talk about missionaries "finding their replacement" and teaching someone similar to themselves. Well guess what Anna does? She writes. Not only articles, but songs! And she sings. It's been really fun getting to know her this week and I'm very excited to keep working with her. After committing to baptism, she wanted to hear a little bit about the commandments, so I briefly explained the Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, etc. And you know what? She LOVED it. When we were talking about the Word of Wisdom, she said, "Wait, so people in your church actually follow what you just explained to me? They really live like that? That's so great!!" She feels like she's found "her people" and is quickly gaining a testimony of the Restored Gospel.Elder Retallick and I enjoyed the fun opportunity of riding with the Edgrens to Łódż to present for zone training. All went well! In the evening, I was supposed to meet up with my companion and the other Warsaw sisters, but they were currently away at a meeting by the time we got to the center of Warsaw. So, because the Edgrens had dinner plans with the TUFTS (my senior couple from Gdańsk who were in Warsaw for the last night of their mission!), I had the good fortune of tagging along with them to a nice restaurant and enjoying an evening with the Edgrens, Durrants, and Tufts, each of whom I love dearly. So that was a pleasant outing!
We're seeing so many miracles in this mission right now. Big and small. I really am waking up every day so excited to get to work and see what the Lord's got in store for us that day. Sister Benson and I are working extremely well together. She's an all-star and I hope I have the privilege of finishing out my mission with her! Every evening, we have a little tea party on our deck as we plan for the next day, and then we have some of the best conversations I've had in a long time. I love that girl.
That sums it up. Thanks for your emails and pictures, and thank you for your prayers. I love you all. Happy Autumn! Much love!
xoxo,
Siostra Tobler
Siostra Tobler
No comments:
Post a Comment