Monday, July 14, 2014

Just keeps getting better.


Hi, all!


Despite the fact that my poor companion had a stomach bug for a few days this week, we were still able to work with so many cool people, both members and investigators. I am so happy to be here and have the chance to know these people. It just keeps getting better. 


Edyta, a former investigator, met with us this week and told us that she agreed to do so because she loves the "peaceful feeling" that comes from meeting with the missionaries. She still remembers that Spirit after four years of no contact with us missionaries. She also said that she's really "searching for her purpose in life" right now and that "there must be something more"... this woman has been so prepared! 


Wiola's doing awesome. She's excited about the Gospel. She loves church. She's so much happier and more optimistic than she was when I met her, even just a month ago. It's amazing to watch the Gospel bless people's lives. 


The Kosanovich family (American member family) had us over for the most delicious American meal and a really fun evening. We ate chocolate cake! Do you know how long it's been since I tasted some good chocolate cake? It was awesome. I had an especially impactful chat with Sister Lisa Kosanovich. She is so full of faith, and the experiences she shared with me about her own mission and about her life were heaven-sent. Just what I needed to hear. I'm grateful to know that the Lord is looking out for me and that, whether through expected or unexpected ways, He always answers our prayers. 


Yesterday in church, Elder Retallick and I sang "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" with a Hungarian member named Lajos. Sister Petersen played on the violin. After some good hours of preparation, the number came together quite nicely, and it was neat to watch the Spirit touch the members (and Wiola!) in the congregation. They were all in tears. That was one of the most priceless moments I've experienced here.


This week I'm heading to Łódż for an exchange with Sister Moncur. Miracles always happen on exchanges, so I'm anxiously awaiting the next few days. 


I hope all is well on the homefront. Thanks for the updates and pictures! I love you all and will catch up more next week. Have a GREAT ONE! 


xoxo,

Siostra Tobler


PS. Catching up on some pictures...
                                                                (My dear Sister Petey!)


 
​(At the Kosanovich's house. Megan Kosanovich, myself, Sister P, Elder Taylor, Elder Finch.)


(Sprucin' up on the train--July 1st on the way to zone training in Łódż! Elder Retallick, Sister Petersen, yours truly, Elder Pieper)




No comments:

Post a Comment