Monday, August 18, 2014

A Visit From Sister Dalton




Hey there! 

Chris gave his farewell talk yesterday, huh? And you enjoyed an exciting trip, family? Thanks for the pictures! Priceless! I'm glad all went well this weekend, and I'm glad I was a little bit missed. :) I miss you all, too. Chris, you're coming to join me (well, kind of) out here in TWO DAYS! So exciting. Honduras awaits.

We received our transfer calls a few days ago. As it turns out, I'll be staying here in Warsaw 2 again, and will be training a brand new sister. I'm really looking forward to meeting her this Wednesday and getting to know her and work with her! It's hard to have Sister Petersen leave me, but I know she's got some bigger and better things to do in Poznań with Sister King. I have a feeling that this is going to be an exciting transfer, and that a LOT of learning will be taking place. Bring it on.

Our little family (Anita, Henryk, Diana) is doing great. Still coming to every activity, still enjoying learning, still keeping commitments. Henryk started the "stop smoking program" this past Thursday and is going strong after being a heavy smoker for 28 years! We are really proud of him and are rooting him on.



Yesterday we had the unique privilege of hearing from Sister Elaine S. Dalton and from her husband, Steven Dalton (a Springvilleite!). She spoke to a small group of Warsaw missionaries earlier in the day, and to all of the Warsaw members later on in the evening. I had the chance to sing in both meetings with some small groups.. we sang the same arrangement of I Know That My Redeemer Lives that we sang at Wiola's baptism, as well as The Lord Is My Shepherd. Both meetings were uplifting and inspiring. Brother Dalton spoke to us about marriage (I felt a little bit like I was sitting in the Marriott Center at a BYU devotional again, and actually really enjoyed it), and Sister Dalton focused on our callings, the Spirit, and the hastening of the work, among other things. One thing she said reminded me of something Dad's told me a million times. She was talking about being diligent missionaries, even when it's hard or when we don't feel well, and she said something like, "Some of the greatest accomplishments in the world have been achieved by people who don't feel well." She gave the example of the aging Apostles, showing up to work in their suits at 7:00am with their oxygen tanks, ready to do the Lord's work because they love Him. That little insight really motivated me to keep pressing forward, even as I struggle with these darn headaches or when I feel tired. I can only imagine that as we push ourselves (keeping a balance, of course) to do our best, the Lord is that much more willing to make up the difference for us. Sister Dalton inspired me to be diligent to the end.


It's such a neat thing to be here and see the work taking off. I recently received an email from a good friend who served in this mission not long ago, who told me that the Poland Warsaw Mission has changed SO MUCH in the last year. It's true. From the time that I arrived to now, President Edgren has made significant changes. It's so cool to see how one inspired decision has led to another, which has led to another, which has led to another and another, essentially changing our way of doing missionary work here and helping us to achieve the success that the Lord sees fit. I have no doubt that mission presidents and missionaries are being guided by the Spirit, because I've had the chance to witness it first-hand. Once again, I love this work.

Hope this week is a great one for you all. Do you get tired of me saying that I love and appreciate you? Because I can't seem to say it enough. Thank you for your friendships and support. I'm praying for you, and I love you!

xoxo,


Siostra Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment