BEAUTIFUL FAMILY, it was so fun to be able to see some of your faces and chat with you yesterday for a while. Thank you for that! Happy Mother's Day, once again, Mom. I hope that package finds you soon!
This week
flew by. (How does that keep happening??) It was made up of a lot of contacting, mostly. My favorite contact of the week was just a few days ago, when I got the chance to talk to a student named Karol near his university for a very long time. He had so many questions, and it was so fun for me to sit there with him on that park bench and help answer his questions. We discussed just about every gospel topic there is! I felt that the Spirit was guiding our discussion and I felt such a strong love and appreciation for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. His questions made me think. He asked, "Your parents of Mormon, right? That's why you are?" I explained to him very sincerely that, yes, my parents are "Mormon," and that I feel blessed to have been "born into the Gospel." But I also made clear that I believe each of us need to search for ourselves and discover the truth. I told him of my own "conversion" to the Gospel; how I needed to know for myself, how I had studied and prayed for answers, and how Heavenly Father had made known to me, time and time again, that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is truly Christ's restored gospel on the earth. If I didn't believe it, I surely wouldn't be in Poland. It's an amazing learning experience to talk to people on the street about the Gospel every day. Each time I do, no matter which direction that contact goes, the Spirit confirms to me that this is the one true church, and that I'm where I need to be.
I read the inspiring story of Enos this morning. As I did, I thought long and hard about the concept of having righteous desires. Enos asked for forgiveness from the Lord for his mistakes-- a very worthwhile desire. After receiving it, he prayed for his family and his people. He then pleaded with the Lord to provide a record of his people, so that someday his enemies, the Lamanites, could obtain salvation. I admit that I had to step back a little bit and reevaluate my own desires... are they in line with the will of the Lord? I'm grateful for the example of the prophet Enos. I know that if our desires are righteous, and if we exercise great faith as Enos did, the Lord will hear our prayers and will help us.
I hope this week is a very, very good one for you all. Thank you for the people you are and for helping me to become better. I love each of you! Much, much love!
xoxo,
Siostra Tobler
No comments:
Post a Comment