Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Northward bound!

Family and friends! Happy New Year! 

Before I wait too long, I've got some exciting news! When President called (for transfer calls) last night, he said, "Sister Tobler, I'm sending you North. Like way North. I'm sending you all the way up to Gdańsk!" So there ya go, I'll be spending this next transfer at the tip of Poland, right near the coast. My new companion will be Sister Whiteley, who I actually know a little bit from BYU through some mutual friends. Who knew?! I'm really, really excited. Gdańsk is said to be one of the most beautiful cities in Poland, and I'm really looking forward to experiencing it for myself!

This week was pretty normal. We had some great meetings with investigators. There was a baptism in the Warsaw 1 branchon Saturday, and Renia came to watch. So that was fun, and I was able to answer some of her questions about baptism, ordinances, the sacrament, etc. Sister Pearson will actually be moving BACK to Warsaw 1 this next transfer, so I'm really excited that she'll be able to teach/take care of Renia for me. :) 

Not much else for the week! I'll send my new address as soon as I've got it; from what I hear, it's best to send letters straight to my new address. Otherwise I'll have to wait till someone from the mission office makes their way to Gdańsk, which is a six hour train ride from Warsaw, so... not very likely! 

By the way, I got the other Christmas packages early this week!!! Ry and Mar, I LOVE the earrings! They're perfect! Thanks for the card and pictures of Graham as well... he's so dang cute. Mom, thanks for another one of your beautiful packages... you never fail. I loved it, and I've been looking at the family pictures every chance I get! I love our family. I also got the package from DeAnn.... that was so creative and it was so fun to get little notes and pictures from all the Backus clan! Thank you!!! 

                                             (Merry Christmas from the Backus family! Thank you!)

                                                  (Renia and the Polish scarf she gave me!)


              (Welcome to the Rynek... full of hundreds of people! [And hair that does 
                 whatever it wants in the Polish humidity])


LOVE YOU ALL! Have a happy week!


xoxo,


Siostra Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment