Monday, September 16, 2013

"We're Singin' in the Rain"


Warsaw is even better than I thought it would be.

Although we had quite a bit of rejection this week, we also had some really unique experiences. We met with one man named Miguel--he's from a Portuguese colony in Africa, but he speaks Polish really well. When we taught him the first lesson about the Restoration, he was SO EXCITED and practically taught himself. It was a cool experience for me to see that God really does prepare His children to hear about the Gospel. It was also neat for me because it was my first time extending the baptismal covenant, and he accepted whole-heartedly! He said, "Nie boje sie, nie boje sie!" ("I'm not afraid...") On the first lesson! I was blown away, and am so excited to watch him grow and progress.

It got pretty cold pretty fast! This whole week has been rainy and we've been bundling up in our tights and scarves. I bought a nice red peacoat that will last me till they start selling the big ol' winter ones. Today we plan to shop a little for some more warm gear and a good amount of Tesco soup and hot chocolate! (By the way, I haven't found my almond milk yet, but I found something better: hazelnut milk! So good. Mom, you'd love it.)



Inline image 1

As you can see in the picture, I have a GUITAR! My district leader, Elder Kotter, was given the guitar by a Muslim man some time back. When he found out I play, he let me borrow it for the transfer! Can't even tell you how happy I am about that. I've been practicing a few hymns. In fact, yesterday a group of us went to a nearby park, and I played and sang hymns with a couple others while everyone else contacted. It was sweet and we plan to do it again soon! (I actually met a really cool mom and her kids at the park... she took a BOM and wants to come to church!) I also already used the backtracks from the LDS CD I made with Dean (thanks, Dean!!)... Siostra Howells and I sang a musical number at a YW event this week and gave a short presentation. I'm extremely grateful that Pres. Edgren is all about music because it makes me enjoy the work that much more.
I wish I had time to share everything! I love Warsaw and love being a missionary. The language is still tough but is coming along. And Siostra Howells and I laugh together often and have a good time while we work. Last night, we were serenaded by an old drunk man singing a song about two lovely ladies he met on the street... we just never know what we're going to experience each day. It's awesome.

Thanks for all your love and prayers. I love you all and miss you greatly! Have the best week and know that you're in my prayers! MUCH LOVE. 

XOXO,
Siostra Tobler

No comments:

Post a Comment