Friday, August 9, 2013

Still Singing My Heart Out






Hi, everyone! I miss you all!
It's always crazy to look back on the week and remember all that has happened in such a short time. Time continues to fly by. Everyone told me that my days will feel like weeks and my weeks will feel like days, and they were certainly right. The experience also continues to be a roller coaster. One day I'll be extremely antsy to get to Poland, and the next I'll be clutching to the edges of my desk and feeling like I never want to leave because I'll never be ready enough. I don't think I'll ever feel ready, so I guess I'll just keep praying that my trainer is a kind one. :) In a few weeks, I'll be leaving my comfort zone entirely and adjusting to a completely different world. Bring it on! I already feel so much love for those Poles.
Yesterday I auditioned (with my friend Jen Riding from BYU) to sing at an upcoming MTC devotional. We sang an arrangement of I Need Thee Every Hour, and Sister Nally (music coordinator and wife of the MTC president) said that we were a "yes." I don't know when we'll be singing yet, but it'll be sometime within the next two weeks. I'm excited! I'm also singing a duet with Starszy Jaeger (Abide With Me, Tis Eventide) this coming Sunday in sacrament meeting. I'm trying to take advantage of any opportunity to sing. I miss my music. You can bet that I've been singing my heart out in the shower each morning, and the lovely Bulgarian sisters in my zone have me sing them a lullaby each night. It's a fun way to practice and is kind of therapeutic for me.
Those sisters leave in less than two weeks! Right after they go, we've been told that our zone will be moved to West Campus (Raintree apartments). I guess that's what I get for swearing that I'd never live in Raintree. Actually, I'm kind of excited. I LOVE the MTC, but am ready for a change. Hopefully the move will help me to enjoy my last couple of weeks a little bit more and will keep me from escaping and running to Poland.
By the way, thanks for the package, Mom and Kel! Those comfy pants are PERFECT. I love them, and I love that you both have them as well. Corinne, thanks for your famous cookies! It was so nice to hear from you, babay!
Our little district is getting more and more tight-knit. The Elders (Starszi) are hilarious. They keep us laughing all the time. In fact, sometimes we can't get through our classroom prayers because once one of us starts giggling about something, the rest of us lose it (sound familiar, Mandy and Tay?). I really feel like we're a little family, and it's great to know that I'm not alone in having to learn so much in just nine weeks. We make it way too fun. On several occasions when we've been far too happy, our zone missionaries or teachers have said, "Look out, Poland!" because they have no idea what's coming their way. :)

This week I had a few different opportunities to bear my testimony about the Savior's Atonement. It's a neat opportunity to be able to do so in another language; it makes me stop and think about what I really believe. I love working with our "investigators." When we taught Arek about the Atonement on Wednesday, I asked him about his relationship with Jesus Christ. He responded, "Do I have a relationship with Jesus Christ? I didn't know." I've been thinking a lot about that answer. It makes me so sad to think that there are people who may not even know about Someone who's done (and who continues to do) so much for them, and who loves them infinitely. They may not know that there's Someone who has been through all the heartache and pain that they're experiencing, and who has provided them with a way to return to live with their Heavenly Family again. And if they do know about Him, they may not know how to feel close to Him and have a strong and lasting relationship with Him. They don't know about the joy that the Gospel has to offer them. That is why I am on a mission. I want to share those things that I know to be true with them, so that they can experience the same blessings and the same joy that I've known and felt for twenty-one years.
I love you and am thankful for each of you. Thanks for all you do! Keep me posted on what you're doing, will you?

MUCH LOVE!
XOXO,
Siostra Tobler





No comments:

Post a Comment